What’s up, friends? Here’s your guide to a great weekend!
Have fun and see you out there!
Friday, August 19
- 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Check out Osborne Village or hit up the Corydon Avenue Concert Series and dance under the stars with Winnipeg’s rising bands. They also have balloon makers, clowns, and face painters! Dance a little, sing a little, live a little.
- 7:00 p.m./9:15 p.m. Feel like watching a movie under the stars? Head down to Assiniboine Park for the Summer Entertainment Series. Inside Out plays before Footloose. Don’t forget your chair, blanket, and popcorn!
- 8:00 p.m. Shrek the Musical at Rainbow Stage is an instant hit! That’ll do donkey, that’ll do.
Saturday, August 20
- 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. The Corydon Avenue Concert Series continues! Bring your best dancing shoes!
- 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Head on down to Assiniboine Park, The Forks Market, Fairmont Winnipeg, The Cube Stage, or the West End Cultural Centre for a broadcast of CBC’s The Tragically Hip: A National Celebration for a screening of the final concert. It’s free!
- 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. The Manitoba Filipino Street Festival kicks off on Saturday in downtown Winnipeg this weekend!
Sunday, August 21
- 1:00 p.m. The 8th Annual No Stone Unturned Concert takes place at the Odena Celebration Circle on Sunday. The annual concert is in commemoration of the Manitoba’s Missing and Murdered Women, Men, Two-Spirit, and Children and for the families of those lost.
- 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Take the trip down to the Whyteridge Summer Carnival for a fun-filled day of face painting, ballon animals, basketball skills, chalk, bubbles, soccer, and plenty more!