During the winter, it can be hard to stay active. But, there is actually so many ways to have fun and work up a sweat when there’s snow on the ground.
For example, your closest community centre probably has open skate days. You can strap on your skates and glide over the ice.
Or, if you’ve got some friends with you, why don’t you bring a puck and start a friendly game of hockey?
If you’re not a skater, you could try out cross-country skiing. Winnipeg has a bunch of fun trails for you to try. Check out this list of our favourites.
- Crescent Drive Park Trail, 781 Crescent Drive.
- St. Vital Park Trail, 190 River Road
- Kildonan Park Trail, 2015 Main Street
- Harbourview Park Trail, 1867 Springfield Road
Or, maybe you’re more of a slider. Luckily, we’ve curated this list of toboggan hills and winter slides open in the city.
- Civic Park, 901 Kimberley Avenue
- Victoria Jason Park, 255 Redonda Street
- Harbourview Recreation Complex, 1867 Springfield Road
- Westview Park, 1 Midland Street
- Crescent Drive Park, 781 Crescent Drive.
- Kildonan Park, 2015 Main Street
- Bunn’s Creek Park, 365 McIvor Avenue
- St. Vital Park, 190 River Road
- Fraser’s Grove Park, 85 Fraser’s Grove
- Waterfront Drive, Waterfront Drive and George Street
- Whittier Park, 869 rue St. Joseph North