The GOOTB team is going to visit Assiniboine Park this week. To say we are excited is an understatement. With a hot summer comes barbecues, freezies and spending every possible moment under the sun. However, there are a lot of activities that would absolutely NOT work if they were done inside.
Here are five summer experiences that can only be done outdoors…in the park.
- Picnics: These portable dining experiences do not feel the same when having them in the middle of your living room. In my opinion grass stains are better than rug burns.
- Riding a bike: The feeling of the wind in your hair as you coast through the park isn’t quite the same as pushing your co-worker on a wheelie chair down the hall.
- Hide & Seek: During a flashback to your early childhood, you crave a game of Hide & Seek. Something tells me that hiding behind an office plant isn’t the same as hiding in the forest.
- Flying a kite: You can try and fly a kite using the wind from a fan but this once clever idea will most likely fizzle and burn.
- Playing Frisbee: Chucking obscure office supplies through the air doesn’t bring the same joy as throwing the perfect Frisbee across the field. I’d rather a Frisbee be thrown at my head than a dictionary.
We can’t wait to go to Assiniboine Park to spend the afternoon exploring. It is one of the top places to be in Winnipeg. We’re going to be there, you should be too.
Assiniboine Park is located at 2959 Roblin Road. Look it up on Google Maps and get yourself there!